Buffalo Bayou Partnership to hold community meeting
A community meeting will be held from 6-8 p.m. June 27 by Buffalo Bayou Partnership at the United Way, located at 50 Waugh Drive.
The public is invited to learn about the upcoming Shepherd to Sabine construction project and how it may impact Buffalo Bayou Park.
The 160-acre, 2.3-mile bayou stretch from Shepherd Drive to Sabine Street will undergo construction to restore the bayou to a more natural and self-sustaining state, to reintroduce native park landscape and to add amenities that will enhance safety and visitor experience.
The project was launched by a $30 million donation from the Kinder Foundation and is being led by the Buffalo Bayou Partnership in conjunction with the Houston Parks and Recreation Department and Harris County Flood Control District.
The date of completion is expected to be mid-2015.
- Symphony to play 'Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl' score May 30
- Painter's abstract works elicit concrete following
- New business licenses issued in Heights
- UpStage Theatre to stage 'Wait Until Dark' beginning May 24
- Houston Police Department collision call log, April 19
Local Advertising by PaperG