Lawndale Art Center to hold 'Billie Holiday' dinner
The Lawndale Art Center will host a 1940s Billie Holiday-themed dinner from 6-8 p.m. June 7 at its studio, 4912 Main St., Houston.
Studio artist Anne J. Regan will be making a dinner using foods that had been used in the work "Billie’s Fridge." The art piece portrays a refrigerator filled with items from a grocery list belonging to Billie Holiday. There will be meat and vegetarian options available.
Conversation about Holiday will lead the evening’s discussions.
The cost of the dinner will be $15 per person. Only 12 seats are available, so reservations are required.
To make a reservation, visit the studio in person.
- Symphony to play 'Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl' score May 30
- Painter's abstract works elicit concrete following
- New business licenses issued in Heights
- Houston Police Department collision call log, April 19
- UpStage Theatre to stage 'Wait Until Dark' beginning May 24
Local Advertising by PaperG