KTRK: Mother and child escape Heights-area fire
A mother and a young child escaped from a fire Monday at their home in the
Heights area, Houston ABC affiliate KTRK reports.
A family trying to stay warm nearly lost their home when their heater caught
fire Monday morning. The fire broke out at a home on Mathis and Northwood
just before noon.
Firefighters say an electric heater in a back bedroom sparked the fire,
which quickly spread through the home. By the time it was all over, there
was heavy smoke, fire, and water damage throughout the entire home.