A simple Lights in the Heights checklist
A simple Lights in the Heights checklist Saturday evening at 6 p.m. is Lights in the Heights, and there's very little to say about this event, easily my favorite all year long in this great neighborhood o' mine, that hasn't been said, tweeted and retweeted already.
Quick rundown: Free holiday-themed street party along Omar, Highland and Bayland streets between Beauchamp and Norhill in the Woodland Heights. Click on the link above for details, what entertainment is on what porches and merchandise.
But for lack of more superlatives to throw LITH's way, I will offer this simple checklist. Lights in the Heights is a feast for the eyes and ears, and with the weather predicted to be pretty durn perfect for the 2010 edition, there'll be plenty of feasting for both going on. So here's a rundown of what to be on the lookout for, from the sublime to the ridiculous to the Jack Buck "I can't believe what I just saw" category.
1. Skating Santas
2. Skating Elvises
3. Skating Santa Elvises
4. Dogs/Cats/(Insert pet here) dressed as reindeer
5. Same dressed as Santa Elvis
6. People who have had a little too much to drink
7. Same but within the first 10 minutes of the party starting
8. Luminaria that have jumped the boundaries and burned their bag
9. The concentrated light of 1,000 suns (419 Euclid, I'm looking at you (but with shades on))
10. More people than live in 90 percent of the towns in Texas all coming together to have a lovely time.
You may not see 1-9 (especially if No. 7 applies to you), but I can almost guarantee you No. 10.
Have a great, safe time everyone. See you on the route.
Local Advertising by PaperG