I just got this e-mail from Genie Mims, a longtime Houston Heights Association volunteer. If you're in town next weekend, Dan Electro's looks like the place to be. It's over near the Heights Metro Station at the Studewood, Cavalcade, West 20th and North Main five-way stop.
International Blues Challenge
Memphis or Bust!
Sunday, January 21st, 2007
Join us for a delectable buffet, libations and Live Blues!
In alliance with Dan Electro's Guitar Bar, the Houston Blues Society will host a fundraiser to send our regional "International Blues Challenge" winners to Memphis in February 2007, to compete in the largest gathering of Blues artists in the history of the world!
Doors open at 2:00pm - Music from 3:00 'til 6:00
provided by our regional IBC winners
Jeremiah Johnson & Ray Griffith
Lil' Stanley Hampton & the Executives
Catering by Chesterfields
$10 donation or FREE entry with purchase of HBS membership that includes HBS Tee-Shirt!
1031 E. 24th Street, Houston, TX
In the Historical Sunset Heights
- Symphony to play 'Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl' score May 30
- Painter's abstract works elicit concrete following
- New business licenses issued in Heights
- UpStage Theatre to stage 'Wait Until Dark' beginning May 24
- Houston Police Department collision call log, April 19
Local Advertising by PaperG